1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow sticking when angling left

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by brookline, Jan 7, 2012.

1. brookline

brookline Senior Member

Im pulling my hair out trying to figure out what is wrong with my plow. When i go to angle it left i have to hold down the button for 3-5 seconds then it will finally angle. it goes right perfectly fine and raises and lowers fine. When I'm holding the button the plow will raise slightly sometimes if it takes closer to the 5 seconds before it angles. I have replaced the coils and nothing checked wiring and I THINK its working fine. i also switched the coils around and the problem goes to the other angle instead but the coils seem fine. As far as i can tell the valve seems fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Oh i also flushed the cylinders.

2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Did you try a different controller?

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

When you swapped angle coils did you swap the wires with them as well? If so then you have a faulty controller.

4. brookline

brookline Senior Member

No, I will try that tomorrow. I have one laying around. I can hear the solenoid every time I hit the button though with no hesitation. I don't know if I'm testing wires wrong or what. Im going to go backtrack tomorrow and retest the wires and swap the could again and see what going on. I took the valve out for the second time today, inspected it, cleaned it, and made sure i could move it and all went ok as far as i can tell.

5. brookline

brookline Senior Member

Yes i did. Im going to check it right now. I will update in a few minutes.

6. brookline

brookline Senior Member

That was it! Finally! thanks guys. looks like i need another controller.

7. jklawn&Plow

jklawn&Plow Senior Member

You might be able to clean the circuit board with alcohol below the keypad and just reassemble.

8. brookline

brookline Senior Member

I will give that a try. Probably nicotine buildup from people smoking in that truck