1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow solenoid placement on newer chevy's

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by RED_RIDERTB, Dec 9, 2005.

1. RED_RIDERTB

RED_RIDERTB Junior Member

where is everybody putting their solenoids when putting a boss plow on the newer chevys. I have a 2003 chevy 2500hd. thanks:drinkup:

2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

Don't have a boss, but had the same problem with my 03' HD too. On the firewall there is a ground strap. I mounted my solenoid right in front of the drivers seat on the firewall. Kinda loud, but I know its working!

3. pastorarmen

pastorarmen Junior Member

Solenoid location

I mounted mine up near the battery on the radiator support. There is a support from the fender to the radiator support. I used the bolt for that bracket and tapped another hole. It sits just a tad high of the support, but clears the hood with no problem. That allows me to use short cables.

This is a new setup so I hope it works. (and lasts)

4. Deere John

Deere John Senior Member

I've mounted the solinoid right on the alternator bracket. I think it has two 10 mm bolts if I remember right, and it more or less slips right in there. Then, you can make up a short 2 guage cable to feed from the battery to the solinoid.

5. RED_RIDERTB

RED_RIDERTB Junior Member

Thanks for the ideas guy! This helps alot.