1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow service

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigboss1977, Dec 24, 2011.

1. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

Is it a good idea to take my boss super duty plow into the dealer once in a while and have them over look everything on it....first year on my own and I never dealt with this stuff before. Just always want to make sure my equipment is taken care of and running like it should.

On the side note I recently had an incident where I had to fire an employee and had the Boss plow flew off the truck. The bottom celvis pin had worked it way loose and came out, so I get a call at 3:30 in the morning, To go help him, I put in my 5/8 reciever hitch pin, and it worked to get it home to over over look the plow better....until Two blocks from my home the plow flys off the truck.....The employee didn't mention to me he started to attempt to dismount the plow when he couldnt get the blade to raise, he thought he would just dismount the plow and leave it there....lol WHAT!!!! but it wouldnt dismount because of the lower celvis pin was out....DUH Anyways i got the plow back onto the truck luckly it was back roads with no traffic and no one got hurt. The plow seems to be opertaing fine but is there a chance something else could have happend to it....That's why I wonder if I should take the plow in and just have them over look everything.

Then the employee wonders if he still has a job.......UMM don't think so buddy...I could have killed him.

Last edited: Dec 24, 2011
  2. tugboat609

tugboat609 Member

That Clevis pin seems to be a common occurrence. Mine almost fell out myself.