1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow rt1

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by critterk20, Apr 27, 2008.

1. critterk20

critterk20 Junior Member

Does anyone know the push beam height dim. from the ground for the old chain lift 8'2" power vee plows. the rtll is 13.5". this is too high for my plow. the truck is 1984 chevy k20 the plow was off the same year truck.Had to move push beam down 4 holes for blade to set level now angle brackets dont line up. It just dont seem right to me?

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

plow height

i would suggest e_mailing boss as the conventional plow is not on the web site ,tell you what truck you have ,and style of plow .they might be able to tell you after looking in the archives ,i have a old technical hand book with mounting instructions for 87 and older chevys and it does not give a measurement just a approximate assembly for mount assuming you have new edge's .i might be able to e-mail them to you it does show some pictures for lta2306 kit number .:salute:

3. critterk20

critterk20 Junior Member

yes i have new cutting edges, not much info on these old plows

4. critterk20

critterk20 Junior Member

If you would please email the hand book to me it would helpful.
    critterk20@att.net Thanks

5. wild bill

old plow

i will try to get it off to you tomorrow .

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The factory recommended push beam height is irrelevant to you critter. If you currently have it set so that the plow sets flat on the ground in both scoop and vee positions, you have the push beam set correctly. If you change it in order to align the holes, the plow will of course no longer set flat in scoop or vee.

Is the truck higher than stock height (suspension lift/tires)? If it's lifted in anyway over the stock height the push beam to side plate holes will come up short since you had to lower the mount to allow the plow to set correctly on the ground. I've had to add material to the side plates to extend them down on non stock trucks many times in the past due to this very reason. The factory plates only allow so much variation.

7. wild bill

manual

well if i did it right i sent you 15 image's

8. critterk20

critterk20 Junior Member

The truck has stock tires and two leaves added to the front, i thought that their was enough adjustment to up for the added springs. Have pushbeam set to the t-frame now, may have to add side plates and modify angle brackets.

9. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

An additional two leaves in the front spring packs will do it. ;)

Looks like you'll need to do some mods to the plates to get where you need to be.