1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow problem please help

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Itsdoubletime, Jan 11, 2015.

1. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

So yesterday I was plowing and the right spring bolt snapped plowed with it for another 4 or so hours no problem just slow moving back forgot that the spring was broke and went to unhook when I did the back part of the plow that you drive up to dropped to the ground everything operates as it should up down both wings good I had to jack it up so I can hook it up again is it because of the broken spring or what could it be it's a boss vplow 8.2

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Was the wing all the way back? did you forget to put the plow in float? Cutting edge getting worn down?

3. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

New cutting edge pretty sure I was in float I pressed it down I guess it's possible it didn't turn red before I unhooked and yes wings where all the way back but when I reversed it wasn't coming off easy because it was packed with snow and ice I'm assuming and I did notice wings folded forward as I don't have smart locks

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Next time put it in v on the ground and move forward a little ,it might of been stuck on the hook a little.

5. Itsdoubletime

Itsdoubletime Member

Ok I'm gonna leave it on as we're supposed to get a bit of snow the next 24 hrs just afraid to take it off and not be able to get it on than after I'm done plowing I'll try it again and see what happens thanks for your help