1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Paint....???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by BMWSTUD25, Mar 25, 2011.

1. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I am a very satisfied customer of BOSS products and have been impressed season after season with every aspect of them. I will be in the market shortly for another Boss V but have notice that the new style VXT's don't seem to be holding their paint well. I very very rarely ever see Boss plows with paint worn off them but recently have seen a few of the new VXT's which obviously aren't that old with tons of paint wore off right down to bare primer. Anyone else notice this and do any of you Boss guys know if they have changed how they paint their plows???
  2. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I bought a new Poly VXT this year. Why are guys so against poly. The snow slide's easier and they look better longer. We have one poly that is 8 years old and still looks great.

Also the snow doesn't stick to them which makes it easier on the front end.
  3. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Depends completely on how you use them. A friend of mine got a new VXT Poly in the middle of this season, and it already looks like crap and all scratched up.

I know I sometimes find big rocks to push, curbs, all kinds of crap. I have a few good gouges in my steel blades, that would of broke poly skins.
  4. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

I'm not against poly, I just can't see having more weight on the front of a truck and a less durable plow. Its very rare that I have problems with snow sticking to steel around here but maybe thats because we just don't tyically get that cold in central NY like some of you northerners. I know it will depend some on what you plow, obviously plowing all gravel will wear it more than plowing all paved lots, but I have a plow on its 6th winter that has plow many gravel parking lots and driveways each season and I haven't even wore through the clear coat yet. But lately I have seen the new VXT's with so much primer showing through it looks like they were sanded down! and I have never ever seen boss's paint do this. I'm just really thinking they must have changed something......
  5. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member