1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow only angles left

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jstevens66, Nov 26, 2015.

1. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Hey guys, I have a question about a boss plow. A friend of mine has a boss straight edge plow, when he presses any button on his controller the plow will only angle left, if he presses right it will angle left, up and down will go up and down but will angle left as well. The problem just started happening out of nowhere. Also, you can move the plow side to side with your hand with no resistance. The plow is full of fluid, any idea what may be causing this problem? I was thinking an angle ram solenoid or something like that. I'm not really a boss plow guy so any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!!!
  2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

3. cwren2472

cwren2472 Member

Either the controller is bad and is sending power to the left angle coil all the time, or the valve itself is stuck so that it is always open. My money would be on the valve being contaminated.
  4. snowplower1

snowplower1 Senior Member

I've had 3 bad controllers last year. They were all our older westerns but that's what they were doing. Have him test a controller
  5. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

6. johnnywaz

johnnywaz Senior Member

This might sound silly but did he check to make sure no wires fell off any of the solinoids inside the pump/vavlve housing? The last storm we had here i tripped my plow very rough and it knocked the wire off the up trigger solinoid.
  7. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Thanks for the replies guys, I'll make sure he checks all of it out. But what would allow you to move the plow by hand from side to side? Fluid is full but you can still move it by hand. I leaning towards a valve problem, let me know what you guys think. I'm pretty sure if we fix that, the problem will be fixed.
  8. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

9. jstevens66

jstevens66 Senior Member

Thank you guys so much for your help!! I really appreciate it, and so does my friend. I'll let you guys know what the end result was. Thanks again!!
  10. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

Unplug the controller, if you can still move the plow by hand then the valve is stuck open.