1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow on yukon

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ken119, Nov 15, 2006.

1. ken119

ken119 Junior Member

I was looking for a straight blade plow and I stumbled on this boss 7'6" v plow.Problem is my truck is a 97 gmc yukon 4 door. I bought the plow anyway, installed it myself, cranked up the torsion bars 5 turns and it still sags about 2 maybe 3 inches. I did'nt put timbrens on it knowing I will sell the truck in a couple of years and get a 3/4 or 1 ton.Now, if I plowed my whole driveway it would take about an hour. The plow will never see a highway with this truck, so is there anything I should be worried about considering the plow is too heavy for the front of the truck?

2. Antnee77

Antnee77 PlowSite.com Addict
    from RI

You'll be fine, especially under those circumstances. I've plowed with a few different Tahoes and 7.5' blades with no problems whatsoever, and that was commercial parking lot plowing, etc.

3. lodogg89

lodogg89 Senior Member

although its another 170.00 for timbrens, you need to get them , you have 800lbs hanging on the front of the that vehicle. I have a 1/2 ton as well, and my truck only drops about 1/2 inch with the plow on with timbrens.

4. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

How about some pics of your Yukon with the plow?? thanks

5. MRUSSELL

MRUSSELL Member

I have a 97 4 door yukon i have a western 7.5 pro poly ultra mount set up on it you are definitely going to need to put some extra weight in the back of it i use 15 or so 50lb. bags of salt without them the steering on truck is hard to turn.when at a dead stop

i do not have a set of timbrens on my truck due to most yukons set on the jounce rubbers with out a plow on them, i wish there was a way to raise the truck 2-3 inches with out spending a bunch of money