1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow on a Dodge

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by firstclass, Jan 2, 2008.

1. firstclass

firstclass Junior Member
    from MI

Hello,

I posted a threade about putting a Boss plow on my 2008 Dodge Ram 1500. After many great replies, I'm still unsure what to. After talking to alot of people I'm probably going to get the 7.6 standard duty I know its still a heavey blade. But I also heard for a 2008 Boss doesnt make a mount for a 1500 series Dodge is this true ?? I dont wanat to waste my money on a "homeowner" type plow since i'm doing some small commercial, plus I want a 7.6ft blade. I dont want to buy a used plow and find out Boss doesn't make a mount for a 08 Ram 1500. Please help me out !!!

2. robwz@ptd.net

robwz@ptd.net Junior Member
    from pa

I cant speak for the 08 for sure, but I recently had a Boss standard duty 7'6" installed on my 06, and the mount said 06 + up ram 1500. The plow works great so far.

3. BIGGB9

BIGGB9 Senior Member

I have a 07 dodge ram 1500 I just put a 7' 6'' boss sport duty on it it works great I plow a few small parking lot and homes with it. It is only 421lbs I did not have to do any mods to the front end at all. I am completely happy with it.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Boss makes a mount for the '08 1500 Dodges

p/n LTA09825

And a standard duty will work just fine for light commecial work...

5. jrush

jrush Member
    from ct

I have the 7'6 sport duty on my quad cab 1500, the Boss dealer said it's the only blade I can put on it. I'm adding a backdrag blade to it (41 pnds) hopefully that does'nt throw anything off. The only thing I don't like about the sport is it only has the 2 springs, the damn thing flops forward pretty easily, on the other models you can add a 3rd, but, not on a sport duty.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Just for clarification here....

be careful you guys don't confuse the Sport duty plows with the Standard duty plows... they are not the same thing.

7. firstclass

firstclass Junior Member
    from MI

Thanks alot guys for all your help! I'm going to call the Boss dealer to find out if I can get the " standard duty " blade & mount for my truck.