1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS Plow Not Sitting Level - Any Idea's Why??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by lawnlandscape, Apr 7, 2011.

1. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

Attached is a photo of what I am talking about. It did not start the season this way. But, even as it sits off the truck its not sitting on the ground level. Do you see how the light tower is leaning to the right, and the left mounting hole is higher then the right. When its on the truck the drivers side of the plow hangs down lower then the passager side. The drivers side of the plow is actually almost touching the ground when its mounted.

It seems to plow ok still, but when putting it down, the drivers side hits the ground first. Also, when going over bumps on the road while driving because its not straight, it bounces around back and forth, it just looks like its really hard on it.

Does anyone know how I can fix this?!?? Thanks in advance!

IMG_1557.jpg

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

You missing that rubber adjuster on the frame? One one plow shore?

3. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I am thinking the collar on the A frame where is connects to the center section is broken somehow. I would pull the A frame and inspect it closely.

4. Dewey

Dewey Senior Member

Could be a bent A-Frame..... I bent mine once took it to a machine shop and they straightened it out....

5. ABES

ABES PlowSite.com Addict
    from MN

Something Is bent, start taking it apart and inspecting to know for sure.

6. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

i've seen a few bent a-frames...i'd take some time and inspect everything close. i'm going to guess the large pin that holds the a-frame into the center section or the a-frame itself.

7. lawnlandscape

lawnlandscape Senior Member

Thanks for your help guys. Now just gotta find out what the hell the A-frame is.. lol

8. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The A-frame is the piece the lift cylinder connects to between the head gear and the big red center section. Its a big black piece in the shape of a A. You'll need to take the head gear off the plow, and disconnect the A-frame from the big red center section. Basically the whole plow has to get taken apart. I have take 1 apart, put a new A-frame back on and had the plow back together and operational in less than 2 hours.

9. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Otherwise known as a push frame.

TFR09708.gif

10. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

bent a frame and possibly the horizontal pin as well bent both on mine 2 seasons ago and luckily nothing else