1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow - No Power

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Hambrick & Co., Dec 13, 2013.

1. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I have an 8ft Boss straight blade and I'm not getting power to the controller or the plow it self. I replaced the controller with a brand new one I had and still no power. Connections to battery are clean no corrosion. Any ideas why this would be? Any help would be appreciated.

2. k1768

k1768 Senior Member
    from NJ

You need a switched power source going to the controller. It is also a fused line. Likely the fuse is bad or the connection is bad.

3. maxwellp

maxwellp PlowSite.com Addict

4. FF/P215

FF/P215 Senior Member
    from 01085

Had this problem last year, don't know exactly what it's tapped into on your truck, but it's supposed to be the keyed ignition wire so you get the 12v of power right away when you switch the key over. Did the same thing you did and was intermittent, long story short it was tapped into my dimmer switch. I chased fuses, had power, and by chance figured it out with the dimmer switch. Good luck, and keep us updated!

5. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

hopefully its all good. The red/white to the keyed power was change in color by the dealer/installer. They used a tap, bent it 90 and put the cover back over it. We moved it to a upfitter and its all good. The wiring ground was just grounded with a self tapping to some sheetmetal, we connceted it to the battery.

Good luck Mike, hopefully we get some good snow tonight.