1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow... no power, sort of.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by LwnmwrMan22, Feb 19, 2011.

1. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 PlowSite Fanatic

'08 Rt3. Controller was swapped with another truck, confirmed working.

Swapped solenoid, jump solenoid with pliers, motor runs.

No clicking from solenoid when hitting buttons.

Can't find power at truck side plug.

Any help would be appreciated as it's getting dark and I'm beyond stumped.

2 inline fuses checked.and are okay.

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Get the test light out and start at one end and work your way back. Could be a broken wire.

3. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Are you getting power to the fuses? Not sure where they got the power for the controller from, that's where I would check first and follow the wires from there with a test light.

4. HEStufrthnnails

HEStufrthnnails Senior Member

Isn,t there a spade connector that runs into the fuse panel of your truck? On my Dodge there is and thats a power source for the controller for when your ignition is on ,it's on.(?)

5. LwnmwrMan22

We put the tower up manually and locked it in place. Once we did that, everything worked.

I was messing around fixing some bulbs that were burned out on other trucks, then went to grab this truck to fill it up, and nothing, no up, no down, dead again.

I took some pliers and jumped the solenoid under the hood, and the plow dropped (had controller in float). When I hit the other buttons, just "click click click" each time I tapped a button. I know that this "click" is due to poor connections for the pump motor, but why did everything stop working until I jumped the brand new Boss solenoid?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The plow shouldn't have dropped when you jumped the motor solenoid. You have a bad connection on the brown ground wire somewhere on the truck side harness.

7. LwnmwrMan22

It happened again after the driver took the truck home to get ready for last weekend's storm.

He'd left the plow up to go inside to get layers on and turned the truck off.

When he arrived at the first account, plow wouldn't go down.

He called, I told him to jump from the power wire from the battery to the pink (faded red?) wire going from solenoid.

Plow dropped and he plowed for 22 hours with no further issues.