1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ewalker, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Ewalker

Ewalker Junior Member
    from Indiana

Just acquired this plow from an auction. I have a couple shovel crews but this might be a key addition. This mount was told to me that it's for 88-98 Chevy. Can anyone confirm this by the pictures. It is an rt2 model 8'2". It's rotting a bit just above the cutting edge. I would like to repair this. I have access to a sandblaster. From what I read most people reskin them with 12gauge and get the curve bent in my a metal shop? Has anyone here performed this or have any links or videos? This plow won't get a lot of heavy use but I still want it to be strong. If anyone sees anything that jumps out to them please point it out. I know I'm missing the two pins that hold the plow to the mount. Any help would be awesome.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. plowboy87

plowboy87 Senior Member

This is a rt1.

3. plowboy87

plowboy87 Senior Member

rt2 has the pump and the lights on the plow side.