1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow mount

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by SimpleSolutions, Aug 12, 2012.

1. SimpleSolutions

SimpleSolutions Junior Member

I just purchases a used boss v xt 8.2 and the mount it came with was for a newer chevy half ton. I know theres a difference in the mounts around the 06 to 07 years. My question is does anyone know how to tell the difference to determine which years it fits so I can sell? Any input is appreciated

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

99-06 and 07-current 1/2 ton mounts are very different in appearance so it isn't tough to tell them apart.

99-07 OBS

07-current NBS

3. SimpleSolutions

Thanks B&B its for a 99-06 halfton. Do you guys do any trade ins? I need a mount for a 2001 2500hd and im pretty sure the light harness is the same on 1500 and 2500 correct?

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

We generally don't do trades that involve long distances as the shipping kills the deal but you have a commonly needed mount and you're looking for a very common one as well so I'd imaging finding something within driving distance wouldn't be too tough. May try throwing something up in the wanted/for sale section here too.

The headlamp adapters you have will work on your truck if they're also from a 99-06 truck.

5. SimpleSolutions

Ok thanks for the help. I live in Hastings been in the shop a few times so not to far from you guys. If you decide you would trade and have one for me let me know. Thanks

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Different B&B, we're 600 mi east of those boys. So you're a little farther away than you thought. :D

7. SimpleSolutions

Lol oh ya thats a little cruise!

8. metalmeltr

metalmeltr Junior Member
    from ohio

The change occurred between 07 classic and 07 new, Classic using the wide mount and new using the narrow one.