1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Mount on 2013 GMC Sierra Denali HD?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Justinjj2004, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Justinjj2004

Justinjj2004 Junior Member

Hello Everyone Im newer to the website I must say I love how helpfull everyone is. I just purchased a new 2013 GMC Sierra Denali HD 2500. Im looking to put a boss VXT on it this fall. Im wondering if any one has pictures of the plow mount on the front of the truck. My hope is I can do this without completely cuting off most of the front bumper. Any help is appreciated. Thanks Justin
  2. 2006Sierra1500

2006Sierra1500 PlowSite.com Addict

scott3430 has a 2013 Z71 Chevy thats cut fairly nice for his XT. I wouldn't think of a Boss on a truck that expensive, I'd go Western or Fisher for the less bulky mount.
  3. Hysert

Hysert PlowSite.com Addict

dito a boss mount will distroy the lower bumper it will all need to be cut out.. with my western on my 2011 I remove the lowest vallance completly cut 2. 5''inch slots for the receivers (where the tow hooks are) and come summer put the lowest valance back on... can hardly tell theres a plow mount
  4. adegiulio

adegiulio Junior Member

That Wideout is a pretty slick setup, I've never seen it before. What did that run you? Have you had any issues with the additional moving parts?
  5. SMiller

SMiller Member
    from IN

That is total BS! Simply remove the lower valance and install the mount in the lowest position and there is no cutting or trimming!!! The Western and all the others require cutting! I am not a Boss fan boy but I will call it like it is.
  6. jordanFTW

jordanFTW Member

I would be interested to see what this looks like. I am considering putting my Boss on my 2008.
  7. leigh

leigh PlowSite.com Addict
    from CT

8. snowpushinglimo

snowpushinglimo Junior Member

Here is my boss vxt mount pic. It looks quite clean and was not a hack job.