1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Mount For Ford F-550

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Will Hughes, Nov 4, 2009.

1. Will Hughes

Will Hughes Junior Member

I just got a new V-XT for my 2008 Ford F-550 and we mounted it on there but I cant seem to meet the manufactures specs on the plow mount hieght I have it set about an inch and a half lower then they say to because otherwise I would have to cut the bumper in order to mount and dismount the plow. We cut the fearing like they said but I dont know if Im doing something wrong?

PICT0860.jpg

PICT0859.jpg

PICT0861.jpg

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Call us and ask for Ben, 877-361-2227 maybe we can help

3. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

I have a 8'2" v xt and I am about 1" off of spec and it fits just fine on my 2007 chevy 2500 there is an adjustment screw on the back of the plow right in the middle to adjust the plow to sit flat on the ground I will try to get a pick of it in the next couple days if you need it

4. Will Hughes

Will Hughes Junior Member

Yeah if you could send me a pic that would be great..... Thanks

5. MJM Landscaping

MJM Landscaping Senior Member
    from Maine

I mounted mine and its higher than the first pic. You dont have to cut the bumper just alot more of the valance.

6. chitown sparky

chitown sparky Senior Member

will still didn't have time to get pic will try tomorrow or this weekend