1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow lights problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by cjasonbr, Feb 26, 2006.

1. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

I have HID lights on my neww boss superduty. They have this crescent shape where the beem is strongest. Last night i adjusted 'em pretty nice so the crescents would hit the pavement approx. 20 ft in front of me. Today i get in the truck (never took the plow off) and the things are def. not 20 ft anymore - more like 10 or something.

my question is this: i'm pretty sure they're focus is falling down but is it because there's a problem or just because i'm aiming 'em too high?

2. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

when you aim them are you doing it with the plow raised? the stock lights leave alot to be desired, they seem to self adjust after a few plows.

3. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

yup, i did do it with the lights up.... and a swear they were fine on my way home last night, then when i went out today they were low.

4. ToolMaker

ToolMaker Member

I have the same problem . it seems they just get lower every time I plow . I just pull up in front of my garage door and aim them about where the stock lights hit and go again.

5. mike33

mike33 Senior Member

Bobcatservice

Do you like the hid lights? i bought them last fall and i like them, i had a thread on them . Talked to my dealer this morning and they do stay on low beam. But if you flip your high beam on, your truck high beams will come on.

mike

6. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

i like them i guess, i sure get a whole lot of looks.. seems to impress just about everyone. Sorta useless if they never point the right way though. Let me know if you guy shave any tricks... maybe we should get a big group together and contact Boss and demand a fix for the problem. What do you guys think?

7. cjasonbr

cjasonbr Senior Member
    from Mass

yea, what's the deal with the high beams too? WTF, the HID lights don't have a high beam or what? i flip the highs on and more light goes in my face than the street!