1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Light Issues

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by mortician79, Jan 4, 2010.

1. Hello all!

I bought a Boss Sport Duty 7'6" poly plow last year. I just use it to do our lot here at the funeral home.

A couple weeks ago the passenger side low beam bulb blew. I went to my dealer and they said it would be 2 to 3 weeks before it would be in. Now on the drivers side the reflector part that sticks up in front of the bulb has come out of it's holder, and I have no idea of how to get in there without breaking the lens (and yes I have removed the torx screws and pulled the housing trying to separate the lens from casing).

Is this how the rest of my time as a Boss owner will go, very frustrating to have these issues as well as a dealer that doesn't stock anything.

Sorry for the rant!:help:

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's a well known issue with the new style lights that the bulb reflectors fall out of place on the early units. It's also covered under warranty with no charge to the customer but if you can't wait you can place the reflector back into place with a pair of needle nose pliers and run a small screw in to attach it. That's how the dealers are instructed to repair them.
  3. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

I have a copy of the Boss Repair instructions and can email it to you for the reflector repair. I also have some HIR2 Bulbs and could ship one out ASAP
  4. I would love a copy of those instructions ( funeraldirector@familycare.ca )

The plow is at the dealer for repair right now, they seemed truly puzzled with the whole situation, this should be interesting.

B&B, if you have anything you can post that references this as a warranty item I would appreciate it.

Tjhanks for all your help!
  5. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Tell your Boss Dealer to look up Service Bulletin SV86 and they will find the repair... I am sending it to you in pdf format via email
  6. Thanks, I appreciate it!
  7. Baseball1

Baseball1 Junior Member

sounds like you might want to find another Boss dealer in another town close by. Mine would certainly help you out. take care. :waving:
  8. the new boss 92

the new boss 92 2000 Club Member

i have the new style lights and they seem to be a pain in the butt trying to keep the bulbs in there. both passenger light doesnt work, so i decided to run high beams all the time now ad havent had a problem at all yet.
  9. snow tender

snow tender Senior Member

Had the same problemwith mine last season. They shipped new lights over night. The guys at general welding had the new lights and installed the next day. Even got a call from the factory rep. about the problem.
  10. Well, after sending the plow to the dealer twice to fix the reflector thing and they didn't listen to me and do the repair right I decided to fix it myself. It was super easy to do and I don't know why I didn't do it sooner. They should stay in there now. Thanks for everyones help!:salute: