1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow is sparking

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dstang97, Jan 29, 2011.

1. dstang97

dstang97 Junior Member
    from ct

I went to hook up my plow today and I noticed when I was using the switch on the side to raise it, it was sparking by the pins then stopped. Also I can hear my solenoid clicking over my dodge cummins is that normal?

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

It's normal when you have a poor ground cable connection, which isn't good. Need to go over all of it's connections cleaning and tightening as you go. Battery, bumper connector, and especially on the plow side.

3. dstang97

dstang97 Junior Member
    from ct

the loud clicking or sparking? or both

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Both. The clicking is the motor solenoid chattering due to poor ground to the pump motor.

5. Jewell1386

Jewell1386 Senior Member

just had the same issue had to buy new cords for both trk and plow side and it solved my problem. A piece of advice boss will hit you up for about 70 bucks but they are worth it cause the cheaper ones at an after market place dont last as long