1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Install on GMC2500

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by sb59as, Jan 22, 2004.

1. sb59as

sb59as Banned
    from ma

Hi, new member and new to plowing here...

Earlier this year, I installed a Boss straight blade plow on my GMC 2500HD. When I did it, I installed the big electrical connector under the license plate. The connector bracket is attached to the lower valence. The problem with this installation is that the the valence flexes since the connector takes so much force to mate, and the license plate is in the way, so you can't see what you are doing. I was wondering if others could share how this connector is mounted on their truck. Pictures would be fantastic. I wanted to put it in the bumper opening, but there is no structure there and at the time, I was too rushed to fabricate a bracket.

Scott B.
  2. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

On my fisher I just wire tied the truck side plug behind the bumper. When needed I pull it out the holes in the bumper and when not you cant tell they are there. The brakets are still in the package somewere

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Here is were I put mine!
  4. roblandscape

roblandscape Senior Member
    from Phila

fsuperduty can you post more pics? I have the same truck and a plow will be going on next year. Thanks

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

here is some more!
  6. 04superduty

04superduty PlowSite.com Addict

I talked to the local boss dealer and they dont recomend installing the plow connnections that low. The reason is the amount of snow and ice that will constantly be hitting the connections. There is also a problem of them icing up. I installed mine in my grill, lowest opening and have no problems.

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

one more!
  8. badranman

badranman Senior Member

Sorry I can't post pics but mine is on top of the bumper, right under the grille. I have a 2003 2500HD. The place where I bought it put it on. It attaches to a plate that looks like it came from BOSS. The plate is bolted behind the grille, no holes drilled through bumper etc. It is well placed IMO and can be removed for summer.

FSUPERDUTY Senior Member

Have not had a problem yet.If you watch the boss video i am pretty sure thats were they mounted it on ther ford!
  10. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

on the Ford they mount them in the grill, right in the ctr. my dealer said with GM's he has them between the top part of bumper and bottom of grill. my friends has 02 2500 HD, we looked for additional mounting and didn't find anything that makes since.

i did relocate mine due to strobes in grill, moved the connection up one and i have a similar problem with that portion of the grill flexing....especially when it's cold out and the cables don't want to stretch
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  11. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

that shot was before i moved the strobes down one and the harness up one :)