1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Hookup Problem

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by nolan3387, Oct 29, 2012.

1. nolan3387

nolan3387 Junior Member

Hello, first off I will give you a little bit of background.
    I bought an 99 F-250 7.3 and it came with an RT3 7'6 V plow. The plow itself did not look to be in the best condition, but it worked just fine when I got it. Last time I hooked it up to move a few months ago everything worked fine and I had no problems. Last night I hooked up to it and the plow was sparking from different points throughout the plow and there was a humming sound coming from inside the plow. I have absolutely no idea what is going on with it. There were just random sparks clicking off from random spots on the plow. The wiring looks a little more cobbled that original and I feel this is an issue. It also would not move when I used the joystick. Like I said, there was just a humming sound coming from the plow and random sparks shooting off when I tried moving it. Let me know what you guys think. I actually wanted to sell the plow because I never use it and I really didn't even know it was coming with the truck until I picked it up. Any suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

2. tuney443

tuney443 PlowSite.com Addict

You have ground problems.Check over every ground connection both truck and plow side.
  3. nolan3387

nolan3387 Junior Member

I actually was reading a thread down the list a little further and it I figured that's what it was. I will work on it when I get out of work and hopefully this helps. Thank-you very much