1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Help

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by midnightrodeo, Nov 28, 2008.

1. midnightrodeo

midnightrodeo Junior Member

I have a boss plow on a 2004 F-350. I tryed to hook it up tonight and it seems like I don't have power going to it. Just replaced the controller and everything was working fine a couple of weeks ago but now that snow is falling of course it's broke! When i push buttons on the controller the relays don't click and when I flip the switch from headlights to plow lights then the controller lights go out. Any suggestions would be great! Thanks
  2. heather lawn spray

heather lawn spray PlowSite.com Addict

We had the same panic attack yesterday. An hour later it was found to be the in-line fuse to the ground. We think the controler power wire must have arc-ed tripping the fuse
  3. midnightrodeo

midnightrodeo Junior Member

Thanks for the info! I unhooked all power and ground from the battery to the controller and everything works now, so don't exactly know what was wrong but it worked. All of my fuses were good. Thanks again!!ussmileyflag