1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS plow help. No right angle.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by bowtie_guy, Jan 13, 2005.

1. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Well I finally got the boss sorta on my truck. I will takes pics once it works right.

Problem is there is no angle right happening. I was testing the functions and it angled to the left just fine but now it's stuck.
    This is my first plow, it's a 7.6 boss straight blade. About 6 years old with Rapid - Tach II mounting system.

I just don't know where to begin trouble shooting. Maybe take the toggle switch controler apart first and test for continuity??

Thanks for any advice I will be working on it again tomorrow after work.
  2. Bolts Indus.

Bolts Indus. PlowSite.com Addict

First loosen the hose coupling on the left ram and have someone hit the angle right function just a little to see if you have any pressure there. Then we will go from there. :rolleyes:
  3. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

Ok I went out since it was rather easy to check and I determined that the left cylinder does get fluid but the right one isn't dumping back into the tank to let the left one push out. However if I press the angle left button the plow does try to go further so it does get fluid but doesn't allow it to dump.

How does the control valve work on this unit?? Maybe the selenoid is b/o?? Any ideas are great!!

Again THANKS!!

EDIT> Just was looking at my manual and the control valve seems rather simple. There are 6 coils to operate the spools. 3 pressure and 3 return. I'm betting it's finished. So Would I be correct that I can just stick a voltmeter accross the prongs and attempt to operate that function and check for voltage?? Anyone got an idea of how much a coil would cost?? Just a guess is awsome.
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

Be sure to check that all your electrical connections are free of corrosion. Dielectric grease is a big help.