1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow help needed

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by x.system, Nov 22, 2010.

1. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I've got a 8' poly, RT3, smart hitch 2, 13 pin. The problem, it will not angle either way but it will click and the motor runs, the plow will actually raise just a little each time I hit either left or right direction but it won't keep raising. I went through the boss troubleshoot guide and I'm thinking its the angle solenoid valve but I wanted to see what anyone else thought.

Hydraulic valve assembly HYD 07091
    I'm thinking that its part 30B on Boss's website below
    http://service.bossplow.com/Documents/hyd07091_parts_assembly.pdf

It acts like the cylinders are fighting each other. Everything else on the plow works and I checked every wire to make sure it was installed correctly.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check both angle coils for magnetizem first (which I suspect they'll have) and then replace the angle valve. They don't die too often but when they do it's due to swelling of the valve stem from hard hits over time. Thus the internal spool gets stuck in the stem and can't move.

3. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I was hopeing you would check this thread. Can I check those coils when they are off the stem? I tried to check them earlyer but they have a thick coating on them and I couldn't tell for sure if they were magnetized when we hit the switch.

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure can, just be sure the grounds are attached if they're the style that are under the coil nut. :waving:

5. x.system

x.system Senior Member

I was able to get back on that plow today, both coils were good so I pulled the angle valve. I took a punch and just used it to push the inside slide by hand and it moved hard at first then loosened up a little. Called the local dealer and got one coming. I put the old one back in to see if anything changed and it started working again so that was definatly the problem. Customer wants to keep the old one in but he will have a spare on hand. Thanks again B&B.

6. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I replaced one of those last year. They are pricey to say the least.