1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Help! 1996 gmc/chevy k2500 before i cry

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by diesellandscape, Oct 23, 2009.

1. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

I need Help!
    1996 Chevy k2500 6.5 diesel

Boss 7.6 superduty
    13 pin
    smart hitch

I need help with:
    what wires on the turn signals do i tap for each side?
    what wire do i tap for parking light?
    what wire under the dash do i tap for black/red wire?
    What wires go where on the pump motor selonoid? I know the 12v 6ga red ones go on big posts. Im guessing the 2 whites go on on small and one borwn on other?

please please please help me.... i need to get this wrapped up. send me pix, directions, anything!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Print the manual for your plow here: RT3 Manual You'll find it most useful now and in the future.
  3. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

thanks for the help....

now my new issues.

i'm looking to tap into the turnsignals behind the bulbs. theres green, brown, and black wires on the drivers
    bluw brown and black pass side.'

also i got everything else hooked up and i cant get the ligfht on the joystick to come on. i can jump the selonoid and hear the plow run, but i think i have a bad controller. i ordered the handheld and it'll be here wed. or thursday.

thanks again!
  4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Green, brown and black are either the headlights or the brown is the markers depending on what you call brown. The colors I previously provided are correct so you need to dig into the harness further.

If the controller doesn't power up, break out the handy dandy test light and check at the controller plug for 12V power on the black wire. Should have 12V with the ignition on.

Also make sure you didn't forget the brown wire that needs attached to the neg battery terminal to provide ground for the plow harness. Without it nothing will function.
  5. diesellandscape

diesellandscape Member

I broke out the handy dandy test light today and got somethings done. All of my wirings correct (even bought add a circuit). I have power to the blk wire on the controller harness, but a bad controller. I have a new handheld comming from cpw. I got my lights to work, but no turnsignals or parking lights. How hards the swap to the new lights?
  6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Not hard just pricey. And ugly if I do say so myself. :D