1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Frame Compatability

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Zap73, May 1, 2010.

1. Zap73

Zap73 Junior Member

Does anyone know if a Boss Plow Frame from a 2005 Chevy Silverado 2500HD will fit a 1990 Chevy 2500 without "major" modification???:mechanic:

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

MAJOR modification woulds be required.

3. Zap73

Zap73 Junior Member

Thanks, I found the part a need to convert my existing frame to fit the older truck. Not bad only $159.79.... Not bad $500 plus for a new frame... Thanks for your help.... Appreciate it.:mechanic:

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Conversion part?

5. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

There isn't one common part between those two "totally" different undercarriages, except perhaps some of the fasteners. Where did you find this "conversion part" because I am not aware of any such thing.

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

My point exactly.

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I think the :mechanic: might be a clue:nod:

8. EricD701

EricD701 Senior Member

:popcorn: this I have to hear

9. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Maybe it's a kit to put the 05 Body on the 90 Frame....

10. Zap73

Zap73 Junior Member

Okay "Ladies"

I changed the "push beam support plates" and the angle bracket fits like a glove.... You need any help, let me know!!!:laughing::laughing::mechanic:

11. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I would like to see pictures:confused:

It seems impossible to simply change the "push beam support plates" and bolt a 05 Chevy mount for any type plow on a 1990 Chevy nor visia-versa. :confused:

Please prove my ignorance by posting pictures, if you have issues posting I'm sure any of the Computer gurus on here would be glad to do it for you. :nod:

I'm familiar with both of these vehicles and have installed plows made by many different manufacturers on them, and something doesn't seem right. :confused:

Have you installed the blade on the truck and had it properly perform all it's functions?

12. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

13. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

I'm going to guess no but per my popcorn post above I will be waiting to hear the rest of the story.

14. Zap73

Zap73 Junior Member

comma,comma,comma

Sorry boys I forgot the comma between the angle bracket and fits like a glove. I replaced both parts the push beam support plates AND the angle bracket.... Sorry for NO pictures truck is already gone.... My plow guy hooked me up right away... He knew exactly what it needed... You guys need to get a life.....

(original post)
    I changed the "push beam support plates" and the angle bracket fits like a glove.... You need any help, let me know!!!

15. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Told ya he was missing a comma. :nod:

So replacing three of the four components constitutes as a "conversion kit". :laughing:

The push beams are the same width (34") and will interchange but once it's used for a while you'll begin to see WHY they're two different part numbers. ;)

16. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Using that logic, I can list that ancient 8 foot QuickSwitch blade as a MM2. Just needs a conversion kit.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Yes you did O observant one and before you start yes I know what else he missed :cool: they say some lessons are best learned by attrition.:D

Zap73 there is a fifteen year old girl in South Beach I wish I could introduce you to.:laughing:

Last edited: May 4, 2010
  18. Zap73

Zap73 Junior Member

Well I bought the plow in 2005 for $4200.00 I used it for 5 years, sold it for $3500.00..... Now minus the $295 I spent in parts to convert or retro fit (however you want to say it) the undercarriage to fit the truck of the guy who bought it instead of $500 for a new undercarraige, for a net price of $3,205.00 I would say thats not bad. Considering I made tons of money plowing in the 5 years I owned it..... Now I have a bridge to sell you.... Interested???

19. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Deco?

:laughing:

20. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I understand now, you did this to someone else. You don't care if it works or not.

If not DECO its his brother.:laughing: