1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss plow extra parts

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by bigboss1977, Oct 6, 2011.

1. bigboss1977

bigboss1977 Senior Member
    from Utah

I have a Boss Super Duty 8"ft straight blade, this will be my first year I'll be out on my own, worked for a guy that just ran his equipment into the ground, lost many contracts due to his equipment always being broke down. Anyways anyone recommend maybe extra parts I should have around in case of a break down. I've got extra hoses and of course hydraulic fluid.....maybe some extra valves and coils?

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Silinoids. I know I can't spell that word but that's one thing that'll leave you hangin high and dry. Coils and valves aren't to common to go out prematurly, but things happen so it wouldn't be a bad idea. Also a simple tool kit die electrice grease, teflyon tape for the hydro hoses (if one needs to be replaced).

3. bigboss1977

from Utah

Yeah, I've also got an extra solenoid....didnt even think about the teflon tape...lol

So thanks man

4. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

My local dealer made up some blade specific emergency parts kits which include everything you need in the field for either straight blades or v-blades. We carry a bag in every truck. Call Cutting Edge Snow Parts toll free at 888-607-SNOW, they are great guys to deal with!

5. bigboss1977

from Utah

The emergency kit come with with an extra valve?

6. Deckscapes

Deckscapes Senior Member

Valves are not a common replacement part unless you are prone to hitting curbs head-on and "bulging" a valve. In any case, their emergency kits do not include a valve or coil, but could easily be added. I would include a valve coil to go along with it though since when a valve is bulged, it generally damages the coil as well.