1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow extensions - wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Kodiakguy, Sep 23, 2009.

1. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

If I were to say that I could make some removable 1 foot plow extensions with removable box ends on quick connects... for half the price the OEM wings sell for.... would anyone be interested?
  2. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

It would be one of those things that you would need to fab up a set......and then take a ton of pictures of the finished product and of them in action.

I would have loved to have paid half of what I paid for my wings.
  3. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

Ive done a ton of fab work, gunna break out the plasma cutter for the vertical supports. Im thinking of a perfect extension of the moldboard, 12" each side with heavy rubber cutting edges or toughn up the bottom and use steal. Then steal box caps on the end. Im planing on starting this project in about 3 or 4 weeks, got lots to do in the meantime. I tend to overbuild so the trick will be keeping the weight down. Really just wondering if anyone is interested in a set and looking for feedback and suggestions from guy's here. There's thousands of hours of experience on what works and what doesn't from people on this site.
  4. 4wydnr

4wydnr Senior Member
    from N. IL

I would think you would want to angle the ends, but I guess the box ends would be ok. I'd be more interested in the fullsize angled wings.
  5. doo-man

doo-man Senior Member

Yeah, show us some pics of finished product or drawing of what yr thinking of I would be interested but want to see em, or better yet I could demo a set for ya !!!!
  6. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Unless it's a full trip plow, do not use steel for the cutting edge. And whatever you use for the cutting edge, it has be replaceable. Bolt on, with adjustment to match up with existing cutting edge wear. I would second the comment to angle them in. Much bigger bang for the buck. The plate on the side is fine, but it needs to lead the plow edge by a few inches or more to really be effective. And if it leads on the trailing edge, that plow wont throw snow at all.
  7. DCS MN

DCS MN Senior Member

Curious to see what you come up with, must be easy to take off and fairly light weight. If it works you can quit your day job. Good luck and I can't wait to see. I just bought a pair for my other truck for $675 urrgh. Hurry up.
  8. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

Can anyone provide me with some measurements of boss's wings? Im looking for the degeree angle forward they are. As well as width and the diameter and wall thickness of the pipe they use on the back to connect it to the rest of the plow. Im working on a cardboard mockup of that im trying to accomplish and am toying with quick connect ideas. Thaks a lot for all the feedback.
  9. aeronutt

aeronutt Senior Member

You are welcome to use any of my design details as you see fit.
  10. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

interested. shot me a pic of final parts and we can go from there
  11. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Hurry up!! I am looking to buy a set in the next few weeks. Half price sounds great.

12. Riccas

Riccas Member

I'd be interested in 3 sets, maybe 4. Needs some pictures though...
  13. m39976

m39976 Junior Member

I'd be interested in a set if its soon.
  14. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

Sorry guys, Ive been swamped with trying to keep my customers and get new ones. Im starting on thim this weekend. For my best uses im making them as extensions without an angle and making removable plates to convert it to a pusher style. Im also going to be working on an angled set. Cardboard mock up for the pusher design is done. Ill get to work on puting them together and working on the cardboard mockup for the angeled set.

Weld on setup will be faster to make than quick disconect set. Which are you guys interested in?
  15. Kodiakguy

Kodiakguy Senior Member

Thanks! Thats a kick @$$ design. Looks like i can make thoes pretty quick. Thanks again for the help.
  16. Riccas

Riccas Member

I don't have a welder... so quick disconnect for me... or something to bolt them on would be good too!!