1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS plow diagnosis please

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Dave422, Jan 20, 2013.

1. Dave422

Dave422 Junior Member
    from NYS

I hooked up my BOSS V-plow to prepare for an upcoming storm and everything worked great (up/down, wings) and I turned the truck around in the driveway and shut it off. An hour later I went out to leave for work and the plow was dead. I had lights on the controller and the plow itself, but no response on the plow. I checked the connection from the plow to the truck and they were all good and tight. I take good care with the connections so there wasnt any corrosion on them, just pleanty of di-electric grease from the pre-season tune up. Any ideas????

2. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Does the motor solenoid click? Can't narrow it down too much without knowing that detail but...

1) Loose power cable at the battery, pump motor, motor solenoid etc.
    2) Loose brown or black/white wire on the motor solenoid
    3) Dead motor solenoid

4. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

Maybe to much grease. It happened to me once. Connect and disconnect the plug and wipe off any excessive grease. actually used fluid film and it's non-conductive so maybe that was my issue.