1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow cutting edges

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by jmansfield1801, Nov 10, 2009.

1. jmansfield1801

jmansfield1801 Junior Member

does anyone know what kind of steal they make boss cutting edges out of cuz i was wondering about getting some made out of AR450 because we go threw a crap ton of cutting edges and boss ones are getting expansive so if you know what kind of steal boss makes them out of or you know of a company aftermarket that makes them out of AR450 or better let me know THANKS
  2. tar

tar Junior Member

jason, they make formable AR plate, its formed to make the bends and then i think it is sent to the heat treater. i tried to find 6"x1/2" to make them but harbor steel couldnt locate any. i dont think it is cost effective to make them considering i paid 170.00 for one 10' piece of AR non formable 6x"1/2". regular AR is what you have on your hoe or loader bucket i think.

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

T1 if you're making them yourself or Winter Edges if you want the stockers to last much longer.
  4. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Try some hard surfacing welding rod i have done it for yrs and it doubled the life of my cutting edge
  5. RobbieB

RobbieB Senior Member

Try Buyers Products, they sell replacment edges much cheaper than OE.