1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Plow Choice?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by dingo151, Jul 12, 2009.

1. dingo151

dingo151 Junior Member
    from Idaho

Alright fellas....Chime in.

I'm upgrading my plow this year and the local dealer has a couple of year old trade in's.

1. 8.2 Boss V -
    2. 9.2 Boss V with wings
    3. 8.2 Boss XT V

I'm running a Dodge 2500 with a straight blade currently but its' not working well for some of the driveways that I've been plowing so I'm only looking at V plows. I'm split about 50-50 between driveways and lots but some added capacity would be nice! Personally, I think the 9.2 with wings is just too freaking big but I've never been around a 9ft plow. The other question that I have is how much further does the XT throw snow than a regular blade? He wants a premuim out of the XT and I'm just wondering if it would be worth it?

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I have a 2 year old 8'2'' poly vee with a boss snow flap, new cutting edges a handheld controller and the plow also has a set of smart locks on it that I'll sell you for $3,500. I am upgrading to the XT Vee. I can send you pics. I don't know what your dealer is asking for his plows either but let me know.
  3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

What is the costs (or cost differences) between the plows?
  4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your doing a lot of drives go with the 8.2 ,and as BB says buy some smart locks for it.
  5. dingo151

dingo151 Junior Member
    from Idaho

The 8.2 is 4000$
    The 9.2 with the wings is 4500$
    The 8.2 XT is 5400$
  6. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Sure hope those prices are installed prices.
  7. dingo151

dingo151 Junior Member
    from Idaho

Negative....Ghost Rider! Those prices are cash and carry!
  8. dingo151

dingo151 Junior Member
    from Idaho

But then again I hail from the Pacific Northwest and I suppose that raises the price a bit!
  9. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

WOW! Call me I might be able to save you money and your getting NEW! LOL - he has exclusive and he as screws to screw people with! Those prices for used plows are SKY HIGH!
  10. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

The 9.2 with the wings as it will give you the best of both worlds for the lesser overall dollar investment.

The beauty of a vee with wings for residential use is you can pop the wings off when you need a little less width for certain drives. And when you need even less width than that simply move it to the vee or scoop position (it's most narrow configurations)...thus narrowing the plow further.

Then when you're at the larger commercial accounts just throw the wings on for max coverage and containment and go.

They're only intimidatingly wide in the straight position which you'll use so little of anyway. And, a wider plow keeps the mirrors as well as the tires out of the landscaping. No need to hug the edges to get all the way to the perimeter due to an undersized plow.

For residential use the trucks length has much much more of an impact on the hindrance/performance (or lack of) of the rig than plow width. You can use a 9.2 vee without issues in places a 9ft straight blade would never fit.
  11. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Hmmmm those are very high prices...for used especially
    Our brand new 8.2 power vxt is 4774.00
  12. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

I would say those prices are a little out of whack as well. You can buy a brand new one for that kind of money!!
  13. Ipushsnow

Ipushsnow Senior Member

Dingo did you forget some decimal marks or something? WOW, those prices are high!
  14. mullis56

mullis56 Senior Member
    from Indiana

What did you end up getting?
  15. BMWSTUD25

BMWSTUD25 Senior Member

Agree 100% I love my 9.2 on my 2500HD and it kicks ass, will be adding wings to it this fall to match my straight blade but I dont know how much snow she'll push at 11ft wide if it starts getting deep but thats the beauty of the Boss wings......they go on and off in under a min so you take advantage of them whenever you can.

as far as price that does seem a little steep for a used cash and carry but I also know i've heard of some of you pacific northwest guys paying over 8k for a new V plow installed......but I might looking into buying a new one and having it shipped out. just my 2 cents
  16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Come on, share, we want to know the secret, we won't tell anyone.:nono: