1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss plow and lifted trucks

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by fordsup04, Aug 28, 2010.

1. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

I have a lifted 04 superduty and a straight blade boss plow i need the truck to drop like three inches for the blade to hit the ground any ideas or does anyone make a kit i can buy. i have an rt3 mount. From what i have serched it looks like im going to get some steel and a welder. Thanks

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

The only other way to make it work is to loose the lift kit. But your on the right track with buying the steel and welder.

3. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

Well i really don't wanta lose the lift kit so will see. I might try 33's and see what that does for me

4. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

That might work, just remember that your cylinder will only go down so far.

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

What's the distance from the mounting pin holes to the ground? What size tires are you running?

6. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

Im not sure on the distance but i have a 4 inch lift kit and 35's im thinking about extending my bracket so i can lower the mount. but im worried if i weld on it how will it be structurly. I am hoping that i can find a more easy solution. i guess thats what i get for putting 35's and a lift on my truck.

7. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Your going to need more then 3" because your blade has to have travel to follow the contour of the pavement. Drop the mount down to the proper height.

8. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

Yea i was figuring that. how many inches do you think i will need?

9. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Your truck frame is about 6" higher than stock.

11. jimchris

jimchris Member

I have a 2011 F350 with the 2" leveling kit in the front. Do you see any problems operating a 8'2" V-XT?

12. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

I run a leveling kit and 285's and I needed to lower my mount 2 inches. The only real way to tell will be to mount the plow and see if the blades stay level with the ground in all positions.

13. ryan67

ryan67 Junior Member

There is no problem at all plowing with a lifted truck. Every truck i have owned, I have lifted and plowed with. All u need is to make sure that you keep the center hole for your plow frame, the part on your truck, at 15" from the ground. And yes you are right. The best thing to do is get someone who can weld and drop your frame down until it meets those measurements. Or do your self if you can. Not 2 difficult:mechanic:It doesnt matter whether or not the plow sits level, the a frame must sit level or you will over stress important things like rams. And you will wear cutting edges faster.

14. snowsniper1

snowsniper1 Senior Member

Put a set of stock size tires it should give you the height you need it will also push better

15. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

My '06 is levelled (2" up front) and I run 285s (33" tall) and just had to drop the pushframe to the lowest position for the blade to sit perfect. Odd you had to drop yours 2".

16. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

I think the reason im having problems is that the lift i put it is a very stiff kit when i put the plow on the front of my truck it doesn't even drop the front of the truck

17. boonman

boonman Junior Member

That's not he problem. The problem is that you need to drop the pushbeam. On a Ford its simple. I have plates ready made for cords. Dodges are a little narrower, and I'm out of stock on them... if you put the plow on with the lower frame of the plow blade itself not sitting level, it will angle crooked, and wear the pivot pin and cutting edges. You lifted the truck, and if you want to plow, do it the right way and drop the pushbeam. Also, don't weld it, it will likely break. I gather this info because if you were sure of your welding skills, you wouldn't have even asked the question. Bolt a plate on it to lower it, or have someone do it. I plow with 7" of lift and 37's or 35's on my super duty. Its the only way to go....

18. fordsup04

fordsup04 Member

Do your sell plates if so can you send a picture of them and a price. You can contact me either by cell 4433654907 or by pm. I have not made the plates yet. I need to drop the plow approximently 6 inches. thanks.

19. largent44

largent44 Junior Member

Hello Everyone new to the sight but I have a 2000 f250 sd with a 6inch lift and 38" tires I went to a western dealer and they told me no way. they said that the truck was way to high the number they said I was at was 23" and that I needed to be at 15" Do I have any options or am I stuck with the shevel again this winter

20. Troybaseball21

Troybaseball21 Member
    from Ohio

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?p=1068989

That links shows what I did to my brackets on my Dodge 2500 w/ 35" tires

I did drop it down one more set of holes because I just put a 4.5" lift on the truck, so we will see how the mount bolts up. If I remember I think the hole is about 17" off the ground, which might be a little high, but not too much.