1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Pedistal mount for hand controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by LawnProLandscapes, Dec 23, 2007.

1. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

i was wondering if any of you use the pedistal mount for your hand held controller? do you like it , also if you do have it could you measure it for me so i know how high it would come up?

thanks ben

2. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I have used one and didnt care for it. It was in a '99 dodge 2500 and its about 12 inches tall.

3. LawnProLandscapes

thanks for the reply... idk if i would like it either and the things are like 80 bucks... hopefully my dealer has one in stock so i could try it out first to see whether or not i like it...

4. NEWENGLAND

NEWENGLAND Junior Member

Pedistal Mount?

Pedistal Mount?

What does it look like? Where does it mount?

Pet Peave: The BOSS Plow Controller is a silly little plastic handle thing that has the buttons on it. It is curved in the wierdest shape as if they expected that you would hold this thing in your third hand while your plowing. Let see Steering, Shifting, Coffee Cup and hey look a gameboy controller. Now I velcro the controller on the dashboard just to the left of the radio and to the right of the steering wheel. Because the controller is curved. it bounces all over the place.

The should make a FLAT Rectangular controller box that you can SCREW onto the dashboard in a flat location.

Last edited: Jan 1, 2008
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

They do..and you already own it.

If you take the screws out on the side of the handle you can remove the handle....and what you have left is a nice rectangular shaped control box with a flat surface on the back. Perfect for attaching to with a little Velcro.

6. MightySal

MightySal Junior Member

Yes if you have the new hand held. The older ones don't come apart from the handle.

7. LawnProLandscapes