1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS paint

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by FIREDUDE26, Oct 8, 2012.

1. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

im cleaning up my 9.2 V and want to paint it, boss paint seems a little high, is there another paint from rustoleum or someone that is close to the same color?

2. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

Rustoleum sunrise red- walmart. Pretty darn close.

3. IC-Smoke

IC-Smoke Senior Member

buying paint is like buying tools... you get what you pay for! spend a little extra on some good quality primer and paint! a couple gravel driveways with the rattle can and it will be peeled right off. .02

4. FIREDUDE26

FIREDUDE26 Member

not using rattle can, gonna prime it and spray it with my sprayer, i dont do gravel drives and this is the last year for this blade, should be fine, thanks

5. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I went the prime/quality paint route(not Boss paint)...my first snowpiles were pink.

6. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

Paint

I was involved in an accident earlier, the paint was damaged. I contacted Boss and the blades are powder coated from the factory. This spring i will have the blade stripped and powder coated again. This will keep the rust away.

7. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

There's a paint made by Pittsburgh Paint, called Pithane Ultra - that stuff is the bomb. Very high solids content, holds up the best of anything we've tried, it's a curing paint not drying or whatever. We've used it on trailers, flatbeds and touched up the Daniels with it.

Getting that powder coat off takes some patience.

Primer we use Omni MP stuff, two part epoxy.

The pithane takes a large diameter tip, 018 if I remember right.

8. boss75

boss75 Senior Member
    from MI

It will be an insurance claim. I have been quoted $450.00 for blasting and new powder coating of the moldboard. I will pass on you technique to my friend.

9. PLOWZOMBIE

PLOWZOMBIE Junior Member

I used Red Great Dane Trailer paint on one of my Boss plows. Pretty good stuff.