1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss or Western?

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by age525, Sep 23, 2012.

1. age525

age525 Junior Member

Okay so I;m new to the site and have a few questions. I have a 2006 Dodge Ram 1500 with Bilstein 5100 leveling kit. I am seriously considering buying a plow for this winter but im not sure which one to get.

Boss makes the sport duty which is a ploy and only weighs around 400 lb or the standard duty which weighs 200 lbs more for either steel or ploy and is and 1 1/2 inches taller. does the extra height make a difference and how much weight will be too much for my truck?

Western makes the HTS which is steel and 400 lb or the mid weight which is about 540lb. they are both the same height so im not really sure which would be better,

Also a main concern of mine is ground clearance when the plow is detached. it seems to me the Western mounts allow for full ground clearance whereas the Boss plow mounts seem to sit very low.

So what plow would work best for me and which plow company is better?

2. CAT 245ME

CAT 245ME PlowSite.com Addict

Do a search, it's been beat to death on here.

As for the best plow, think Snowbear wesport , LOL

3. BossPlow2010

BossPlow2010 PlowSite.com Addict

It's a secret!
    But here's a hint, use the search button. :)

4. PLOWMAN45

PLOWMAN45 2000 Club Member

get a western midwieght

5. 95HDRam

95HDRam Senior Member

Was in on the last one, sat this one out. Thumbs Up

6. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Western by a long shot

7. Meezer

Meezer Senior Member