1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss or Western on 2001 Chevy 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by Woods Racer, Nov 16, 2010.

1. Woods Racer

Woods Racer Junior Member
    from Indiana

Hello,
    I am new to the site and currently shopping plows for my 2001 Chevy 1500 Extended Cab 4X4. The truck has the 5.3L motor and has the Z71 package.

I have been looking at the Boss Standard Duty 7.6 and the Western Midweight Steel. I would be doing light commercial, including a few parking lots, driveways and personal use. I am having a very difficult time deciding between the two brands and was looking for some feedback. I really like the pivot feature on the Ultrmount Western, but like the hydro lift on the Boss.

Are the poly plows as rigid as the steel as far as breaking welds etc?

Will be using the joystick control if that makes a difference.

Thanks in advance

2. RRobbe

RRobbe Member

My first plow truck was a 04 1500 and I had a Western poly pro on it and it worked great. I did ad Timbrens. But it had the 5.3 as well and like I said it worked great for me.