1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss or Sno way??

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by DanU, Dec 30, 2008.

1. DanU

DanU Junior Member

I have two used plows offered to me for the same price. One is a 2002 RT3 8'2 V-plow Boss with smart lock cylinders or I can buy a 2005 9'1 stainless Sno Way with the down pressure feature.

Does anyone have advice or will they both be reliable?

I do have both dealers close.

Thanks

2. koko

koko Junior Member

i have no experience with either but from what i have read i would go with the sno way all the way. i am looking for a sno way now for the right price (can't convince the wife i need to spend 5 to 6k just to plow the driveway, but would like to get back into commercial plowing again) anyway if that snoway fits a 03 f250 let me know. lol seriously stainless vs. steel, the need for smart lock cylinders???, it seems like a know brainer if they are the same price and both will work on your truck. plus larger is better lol

3. grasmancolumbus

grasmancolumbus Senior Member

I had a snoway and switched to Boss So far I like it But it was not a stainless, that one sounds real nice

4. DanU

DanU Junior Member

What made you switch from Sno Way? I am leaning tword the Sno Way because the features do seem better. I guess my only concern is that the Boss looks more heavy duty.
    Again Thanks!

5. Ctll

Ctll Member
    from midwest

I say go with the snoway i had a 28v used it commercially for 4 seasons and it never let me down.

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Both good plows but the Snoway offers down pressure making it the winner by a nose.

7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

If your doing driveways go with the Sno-Way.

8. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

The Snoway is newer, and if I'm not mistaken, the 9'1" was only available as a V, making it just as capable as the Boss.

Ontop, with the down Pressure and its a no brainer.

9. Plowinpro03

Plowinpro03 Senior Member

ha..your asking the snoway part of thise forum whicsh is better? Of course there gonna sway towards snoway, if you post the same on the boss section, the'll say boss is better...so here's the insite...

A 9 foot blade is a dam parking lot worrior, its a ***** of a time getting around town with, not to mention all that front end drag on the truck it creates. Manuverablity sucks in tight spaces, like a residential driveway's when turning, backing up while turning, you have alot hanging out the front..take that into consideration. Only benifit is you'll move alot more snow on 1push, and strain the **** out of your truck..

V-plow----...easy to get around town with, 8 foot is PLENTY big for residtial driveways. Easy to manuver around, obviously you have a better control of attack on a driveway.....scoopin, and breaking threw tough banks.

If i had a choice between the two v-blade or a straight 9foot blade......hand's down id go with the boss v-blad.....and this is coming from a snoway owner that has an 8 foot blade.....The weight of the V-plow will make up for the lack in downpressure.

10. festerw

festerw Senior Member

The 9'1" Snoway is a V also.

11. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

Well, I also have the 28v Plow and I have had it for the last 3 1/2 years now. I love it. The down pressure just can't be beat at all. Using the V also is a great asset too.This plow has not really given me any major problems at all since I have had it. Go with the sno- way , you will love it.
    Harold

12. CarCrazed4Life

CarCrazed4Life Senior Member

That was from the Blizzard Forums where they compared how useful the DP mod is. An additional 100#s doesn't make up for DP, we are talking about 1 Ton of Force versus the weight of the plow.

That said, each brand will have their brand loyal members, but if you compare features to features and warranty to warranty, you'll se which comes out slightly ahead. That said the new Boss Vs are about the same in weight when compared to the Snoway V so theres something to be said about that paticular plow in its line up.

13. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I own a Boss and a Sno-Way and both do what they were designed to do very well. Therefore, from a quality standpoint, either would be fine as they both are good plows.

14. Indy

Indy Senior Member

do you have a dealer for either close to you???

15. Hooker751

Hooker751 Member

16. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707