1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss or sno-way

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by oakmax, Dec 1, 2008.

1. oakmax

oakmax Junior Member
    from ohio

Hi have an 07 3500 chevy and plan to get a v-plow. Boss and sno-way are in my neighborhood, cost is similar, dealer service appear to be equeally excellent.
    Was looking for $.02 from some of you with experience with either company.
    Will be doing appx 10 drives/rentals.
  2. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

id go with boss 9.2 v but im a biased type of guy in the plow department :cool: honestly i would go with whatever brand has better dealer support in your area, either of those v plows are a good choice in my book, you might want to go smaller than a 9.2 or 9' vee since your doing drives though.
  3. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I'd vote Snoway, but I'm bias as well. The Snoway is only 8.5' and you will be fine as long as your 3500 isn't a dually. If it is neither the Boss 9.2 nor the Snoway will cover your tracks in scoop or V mode without wings. The DP is awesome! I do have to say the hydraulics cycle slow on the Snoway, but I'm looking into that as we speak.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'm bias as well but I'd vote Snoway if you're doing drives, can't beat down pressure for back dragging.

You can make it 10 ft with the addition of a set of extensions, or scoops.

They could have made the rams move a faster by down sizing the pistons at the expense
    of strength. I think you'll appreciate it when you want to use the hydraulics to move some snow .
  5. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Hard to beat a Boss but the DP on driveways is really worth looking into before you buy.
  6. Earthscapes

Earthscapes Senior Member
    from WNY

My first Vee was a Sno-Way. The down pressure was awesome. Parts were very expensive, hard to get and dealer service in this area sucked.
    In 04' I switched to Boss. Love the speed, my dealer and the ease of getting parts.

Both good plows, choice is yours lol.
  7. Farm Boss

Farm Boss Senior Member

really good point especially if they are blacktop drives. Only point I can make is the boss is really easy to get on/off the truck. If that fits into your decision at all. Either way sounds like you have a good plan:drinkup:
  8. oakmax

oakmax Junior Member
    from ohio

Thx for the input
    Single lookinat the 8ft blades(single wheels)
    So the boss doesn't have enough weight to pull the snow back??
    the snowway is better in this area?
    what is thewt ofaboss?? Ididn's see any onthe site
    dealer service seems =
    maybe able togeta better deal on the snoway discontinued models,but there is always a reason they are phased out.
  9. mrwonderful76

mrwonderful76 Junior Member

I was in the same situation between boss and snoway and went with the snoway because of the DP. I was a little disappointed when I was told my 2007 2500HD was not strong enough for the V plow so I went with the 29HDW with scoops. Thinking I should of bought a super duty.
  10. ducatirider944

ducatirider944 Senior Member
    from Iowa

I haven't had a boss, but my last plow was a hiniker and plow vs plow, about the same weight as a boss. Last night was the first time I used my Snoway and it was about 3/4" of hard pack by the time we plowed. Back dragging with a standard plow and one with DP is like comparing apples and oranges. JMO