1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss or Fisher

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by SnowMan4U, Oct 22, 2005.

1. SnowMan4U

SnowMan4U Member

Getting a new plow for my 1/2 ton Chevy. I looked at plows the other day where the guy sells both fisher and boss. What do you guys like? I'm leaning torward a Boss.
  2. lawnandplow42

lawnandplow42 Senior Member

fisher, they're the best built plows
  3. Boss

Boss because they have a lift cylinder rather than a chain and can push piles MUCH higher than a Fisher.
  4. The Boss

The Boss 2000 Club Member

My user name says it.
  5. cja1987

cja1987 PlowSite.com Addict

This wont help any but either one.
    Both are well built and reliable.
    Boss will offer a wider range of plows for a half ton, they even have a V to fit a 1/2ton. You also get to choose between a Poly or a Steel moldboard. The Boss probley mounts up a little faster but there is nothing wrong with Fishers mount either. It depends on what you want for your truck.
  6. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

My brother uses a Fisher and says it slow in comparison to my BOSS. I have also recieved great customer service on questions from BOSS as well.. Glen
  7. gpin

gpin Senior Member

Here I go for the 100th time. Start with the dealer closest to your location. If you have a problem, it is easier to solve close to home. If it cuts another hour or two out of your day, you will wish you had shopped closer to home.
  8. SnowMan4U

SnowMan4U Member

Looks like Boss will be it. Thanks for the help. :redbounce
  9. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

LOL, well put, this has been talked about here a bizzillion times I think LOLOLOL, now if the dealer close to your house sells both now that another story, search this site under both names and you get a ton of info :gunsfiring: :angry: :dizzy:
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2005