1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss only recommends sport dutys for 06 Dodge 1500?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Ramairfreak98ss, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

only thing that comes up on their site ?

Are the 06 dodge 1500 mounts the same front boss mount as for the 2500 and 3500s?

I have a fully 1 year old mount off a Dodge 1500 that im going to sell so i need to know which years it fits.

Shows a 7' sport duty poly and a 7'6" sport duty poly

Whats up with that?

I bought a 7'6" standard for my 91 f150, its pretty "light" compared to my 7'6" SD or 8'+ straight blades, i cant see how a half ton dodge cant handle at least this plow?

on another note, ive seen several "new" toyota tundras with sport duty 7'6" on them, actually my father did and i was laughing when he was telling me how light the blade looked compared to the 7'6" Boss Super duty blades we use on the f150s
  2. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

they dont reccommend it and i dont either....can be done tho
  3. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

HIGHLY DON"T RECOMMEND. 2006 was a kind of in-between year, because the nose of the frame is ever so slightly different. I had an 06 Dodge 1500 and mounting anything more than a Blizzard LT required drilling through a crumple zone on the frame. Needless to say the truck was gone the next week. And I believe anything other than a Sport is not just pushing the limit but crushing it. The Front ends on the 1500's are really weak. Especially with Quad Cab, and the 20's theres not much GVWR to play around with. I'm sure someone will say "Timbrens and Crank The T-Bars," so go that way if you want but, just giving you my opinion.....it will whip the truck way too fast to be worth putting anything thats heavy duty on it.
  4. punt66

punt66 Junior Member
    from CT

OK, new to plowsite not new to lawnsite. Just to add my .02 cents i have a 2007 1500 quad cab 20" tires and a boss regular duty 7'6" straight blade. The truck plows like a bear. It plows better then my 3/4 ton trucks. I put timberans on it this year for the just in case scenario but ran with out them for the past 2 seasons. Like any truck, dont ram piles and operate the truck smoothly and you wont have any problems. But yes dodge started recommending the light duty plows in 06.