1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss only making VXT's now ???

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by secret_weapon, May 17, 2010.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I called local dealer and asked about getting a 8'2 poly V and they told me that Boss isn't making them anymore, I can only get it in a VXT. Is this correct?
    So if I want a non-XT V plow I'll have to find one used? Hmmm... Still not excited about VXT blades, but then I haven't used one yet either. We'll see what happens.

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

We thought they were not going to do them, what happened is they ran out of last years run and were not making anymore. They will be available again this year for preseason orders.

3. kasper

kasper Junior Member

once u plow with xvt u wont go bacf to the other blades

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

truer words were never spoke,,,i figured the "outer and farther" ad claim was a load of BS to give guys an excuse to buy a bad ass looking mutha ,,,,,but i swear its unbelievable,,,being able to throw even wet slop and watch it fly off the end of the blade, is..............heavenly.

5. secret_weapon

Thanks! I will be calling in about a month or so.

6. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

i traded a friend one night that had a standard vplow for my vxt because he was considering another plow and both he and i agreed it is two different worlds of those plows

7. secret_weapon

One question about the V-XT, how do tell if it's straight? Seems like it would be hard with the flare of the wings. Everyone seems to like them, so if I can get one at a decent price, I might try.

8. ihdriver7088

ihdriver7088 Senior Member

well its pretty easy if you know how to watch your guides like any other plow out there

9. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Looks like the poly regular V is the ones that are gone,steel still available

10. secret_weapon

I found a steel 8.2 V for sale with mount, harness and controller $2500. It's about 5 years old, I'll know for sure when I call the dealer with serial #. The paint is chipping off, so sand blasting and painting would be needed. The only thing serious that needs to be fixed is on the bottom of the left wing where the center pin goes through, needs to be welded. It has new style cutting edges, which are new.
    If I decide to get this I'll take some pics. I think 2500 sounds fair for everything.