1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss on the 08 Ford Superduty

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Chris-R, Sep 24, 2007.

1. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

Has anyone put a Boss plow on their brand new Ford Superduty F250 or F350? If so, did you have to do any cutting under the bumper? Ford lowered the front bumper for 2008 and I am wondering if I'll have to cut the plastic under the bumper like I had to do for my GMC.

2. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Haven't yet but if you have some spare time you can come on over and mount mine...

I wouldn't think there'd be any bumper cutting, the mount is new for 08's.. One thing I'd like to see is if the hood will open when the plow is on...........

3. plownit

plownit Junior Member
    from ohio

:cry::cry:
    I put a 9/2 on my 08 f350 the only thing i took off was the rubber trim and then did the mount. yes i can open the hood. i'll put the trim back on in the spring. i am having a turn signal problem. they flash very fast, then the left one goes out. did ALL the trouble shooting things........ALL OF THEM!!!!!!!. took it back to my dealer. long story short. they reset the spdjb and without the plow i have all lights and turn sig. they said the (box) is getting a short-to-ground signal and causing the problem. i have an appointment at custom way here in ohio on fri. they say i need another relay on the circuit, that's why the box is picking up an over amp signal. i'll write back with the update on this problem.:cry:

4. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

I did put mine on - I didn't take the air dam off, I just notched it for the mount. I don't think you'll get the 15 1/2 that Boss wants but I did get 14 a 3/4, no big deal. It'd be nice to have the strapping welded to a few bolts - big hands and you'll never get two of them on.

Worst part is the wiring - well the relays - Yes the 08's take an additional two relays to get around a power sensing problem with the computer. The problem is where to put six relays and the solenoid, there just isn't any room. I made a braket for the relays and reluctantly put the solenoid on the air box................

5. A Man

A Man Senior Member

I have the 08 f350 with the 9'2" boss on it, I did notch the lower air damn, doesn't look to bad, I'll try and get some pics. I put all the relays and most of the wiring behind the drivers side head light, still pretty easy to access if needed. Good luck.

6. plownit

plownit Junior Member
    from ohio

where did you get the other relays? how much?

7. framer1901

framer1901 Senior Member

Boss sells a kit for the 08 Ford's. If you order a new plow and specified 08, it shoulda came with it, At least mine did.

8. Chris-R

Chris-R Senior Member

I took the air dam off. I think the truck looks better without it.