1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss OFF SEASON bull bar??

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by Riccas, May 15, 2008.

1. Riccas

Riccas Member

Fisher has had an off-season bull bar for a few years now... just clicks into the plow mount and now you've got a conveniently removable grill guard. I have been pining for Boss to come out with one because i have to un-bolt mine every time i want to remove it... whether its for a truck pull or to install the plow. In the winter this means i have to install and un-install almost daily. Its not really a big deal to keep a pair of 9/16 wrenches in the truck but it would be nice to have a quick mount system like the Fisher has. Anyone know of a way to mock up a mounting system for my current unit or if Boss has even thought about the idea? I called once and the guy on the phone couldn't understand what i was talking about :dizzy:

All the best,
    -- Rick

2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

bull bar

i actually talked to them about 5 years ago they did not seam interested at the time ,i would be a piece of cake to make it use the standard pin hook up .

3. Riccas

Riccas Member

I looked into the parts diagram and the entire verticle piece that houses the hydrolic pump with the vehicle hook up pins is 1 piece. its part number CPA04689 but it runs about $400... seems like a waste to buy that and hack it apart and bolt it to my current grill guard just to save a few minutes. So perhaps a better idea...

Are there any quick release bolts out there? For instance instead of a lock nut or nut and lock washer, just a pin with a quick clip on it... BUT it needs to be tight like a bolt and nut would tighten 2 pieces together. All i could find was and adjustable clevis pin with multiple holes in them and you put a quick pin through it...

[​IMG]

i think i need something that will tighten otherwise its not going to save my bumper or grill.

Thoughts?

Last edited: May 15, 2008
  4. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

curently working on putting a chrome brush guard on my boss mount. will post pics when im done. probally wont be until after the 4th of july

5. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Couldn't you take a RT3 light tower, new or used, and go from there? You know what I mean?

6. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

7. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I got a bent blade mount from my local dealer for nothing and I made a tow bar out of it, so we can pull them behing our tractors if need be. Most dealers have bent ones that will work fine for a bull guard.

9. ServiceOnSite

ServiceOnSite Senior Member

i guess i will be at general welding on monday

10. elite1msmith

elite1msmith 2000 Club Member
    from chicago

keep in mind the forces that ur plow mount was designed for....pushing

im sure, light to moderate pulling is ok,...but woulnt go heavy,......a winch. or towing the truck using it....

11. NorwayAuto&Plow

NorwayAuto&Plow Senior Member

Im pretty sure your talking about the PROTUBE by Fisher. Id pull off the frame plates themselves but the PROTUBE is purely for looks and to cover up that the truck has a plow. Personally i like to use them as steps when i work on the motors of trucks. :)

12. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

how much is a black powder coated pro-tube?

13. NorwayAuto&Plow

Black Powder Coated Protube is $315.00 installed.

The Stainless Steel Protube is $440.00 installed.

Where are you from?

14. weeman97

weeman97 Senior Member

chicago, IL.

15. NorwayAuto&Plow

OK.... just talk to your local dealer and he should be able to hook ya up with a Protube in no time.

16. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

17. NorwayAuto&Plow

Very good taste with that... except the plow of course HAHAHA :). Nice work!

18. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I don't think the red fire truck, would look right with a yellow plow. JMO and it is posted in the Boss forum Fisher Boy.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2008
  19. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]

20. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

[​IMG]