1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss now offering ATV / UTV Plows

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by dwoods, Jul 8, 2010.

1. dwoods

dwoods Junior Member
    from Vermont

2. TPC Services

TPC Services Senior Member

I believe ther just for the UTV's haven't heard anything about the ATV's yet.

3. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Just for UTV right now.....we are still waiting on em to be delivered actually. Gonna put a v blade on the Kabota

4. Stik208

Stik208 PlowSite.com Addict

Will it use more or less the same hitch system as the other models, if so you can put a 6'6 on an S10 sized vehicle or so.

5. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Boss has been making plows for Polararis Rangers for a couple yaers now. They look like a very nice plow but it's alot more than I want to spend for a plow that small.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2010
  6. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

Well, there is no "smarthitch" as in toggle switch on and off, the headunit is so light you just do it manually. When we the mount and plow I will check the pushbeams to see if it could be done....I would think you could make something work

7. rhkfwain

rhkfwain Senior Member
    from FWA, IN

SmartHitch 2 is available as an option on the Boss UTV Series Plows.

8. mercer_me

Is Boss going to be coming out with an expandable length plow like the Fisher XLS and the Western Wideout?

9. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Hi everyone
    If you're interested in learning more about our new UTV plows, you can see a lot of test video on our Facebook page or our Youtube Channel. Simply go to our website, bossplow.com and click on the Youtube or Facebook link at the bottom of the front page.

www.bossplow.com

Mark Klossner
    Marketing Manager

10. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Mercer Me -- thanks for the question. At this time, the answer is no. We like the durability of our plow wings, which, when attached, become an integral part of the plow's frame. They are simple to attach and dettach. I hope this answers your question, even though it may not be the answer you wanted.

11. mercer_me

Thanks for the reply. I was just wandering, I have no plans in buying an expandable length plow. I love the Boss trip edge, but since it weighs 772lb it would be to heavy for my Tundra. I have to have a trip edge, so I ended up getting a 7.5' Fisher SD. If the Boss standard duty had a trip edge I would have bought one.

12. RLC LLC

RLC LLC Member
    from GR MI

when will it be a yes? i am brand loyal and will wait for a bit, but after comparing blades side by side, this is the type of plow i need. can you give hints? tell me maybe next year (wink wink) please?

pm me if you would rather...

thanks,
    Randy

13. Johnny Norwood

Johnny Norwood Junior Member
    from NJ

We picked up the Boss Vblade for our John Deere Gator 825 i and love it. What used to take hours has been reduced to minutes.

The plow itself is heavy duty and does a great job. Love the hand held control.

One of the best purchases we have made.