1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss NGE wiring

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by larryhd, Mar 20, 2014.

1. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

Anyone using the NGE wiring or any new info????

2. Ramairfreak98ss

Ramairfreak98ss PlowSite.com Addict

Id like to know too, boss dealer told us they hadn't sold any as of a month or two ago.

3. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

They are available in somewhat limited quantities right now. More will be coming into dealers shelves in the coming weeks.

4. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Any update on the pistol grip controller and NGE?

5. BOSS_JG

BOSS_JG Senior Member

6. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen PlowSite.com Addict

It looks like an expensive way to handicap yourself in the middle of a storm, IMO. That's part of the reason I switched from Western to Boss, much much more simple wiring. It's easy to diag a bad relay in the middle of the night and throw it in, not so simple to diag a bad isolation module or bad radio communication.

7. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

Well my question is a mute issue to me now. I just bought a VTX with the hand control.

I like the looks of the pistol grip but after a bad experience with a wireless control on a Snoway. So I stuck with the wired controller.

8. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

So question, Is NGE a option or just what you get? Was the hardwired control the same control or the old v-plow controller? I am considering purchasing my second plow new here in the next few weeks and I have 13 pin on my first and wanted to be able to switch between trucks if needed but the NGE has thrown a wrench in that. Trying to get some reviews and opinions from owners. thanks!!

9. Rick547

Rick547 Senior Member
    from Indiana

The NGE is a $300 option. It uses wireless between the controller in the truck to a controller in the snow plow. That way you only have to hook up the power cable from the truck to the plow. A new plow comes standard with either the joystick or a hand held unit at no additional cost. It still has the threaten pin connector and the two wire power plug.

10. M & MD Lawn

M & MD Lawn Senior Member

Oh okay, I thought the NGE was standard now and they had thrown out the 13 pin.Thanks a lot!