1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

boss nge pistol grip plow controller

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by larryhd, Aug 27, 2013.

1. larryhd

larryhd Senior Member
    from vermont

Has anyone seen the boss nge pistol grip plow controller?

2. Jim@esitrucks

Jim@esitrucks Inactive

only in pictures, its for the new style wiring set up

3. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

Is the new wiring setup going to be more complicated with modules that fail? I hope not...

4. Mopard

Mopard Senior Member

New style wiring setup?

Subscribed for further info.

5. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

have seen it and held it in hand... it sucks... personally it is much cheaper plastic... the buttons for the up and down are plastic and the hand strap is way too close to the lower button. ALSO you are correct, the new controller requires a different wiring system. My boss dealer told me that they were also working on a wireless controller for the plows but again that is going to be on their new wiring system.

6. plowman1984

plowman1984 Member

This is what Boss told me about the new Electrical system:

We are pleased to announce the New Generation Electrical System. Available as an option for 2012 and newer plows, this new electrical system eliminates the 13-pin electrical plug connection and the in-cab truck-to-plow light switch making for an even easier installation and attachment process.

Features include:
    -Bumper hookup is isolated to the power/ground connection only
    -Headlights automatically controlled by new system
    -PCM (plow control module) can be configured for both V or Straight Blade
    -PCM and VCM (vehicle control module) sync to create a unique address which prevents interference from other controllers or outside devices

In addition, we are excited to announce a brand new Pistol Grip Handheld Controller. Existing SmartTouch 2 Handheld controllers can be used with the new electrical system, or customers can choose this newly designed Pistol Grip Controller (only works with the new electrical system).

Features:
    -Controller for Straight and Power V blades (2 snap in bezels are included in control kit - bezel type based on plow)
    -Ergonomic design with over-molded grip for maximum comfort
    -Simultaneous plow functionality (ex. lift and angle at the same time)
    -Backlit plow function display for maximum visibility
    -Made of high impact material for durability and reliability

7. BossPlowMaster

BossPlowMaster Senior Member

2012 Is wrong... Because I have the 2014 Dxt and the wiring and so on wasn't their new design because it wasn't out yet

8. plowman1984

plowman1984 Member

They told me that the new system works for plows that were manufactured from 2012 to now

9. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

I had the option for new wiring or old on my dxt I just bought... I opted for old as it will work with all my other trucks and plows

10. kurtandshan

kurtandshan Senior Member

I believe it is a retrofit type option for 2012+ plows

11. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Anyone have pics yet? I would like to see this set up.