1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

BOSS' New ATV Plow

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by Mark Klossner, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Gentlemen, we are launching a new, fully-hydraulic ATV plow designed for contractor use. Here's a video if you're interested: http://youtu.be/SXyOy8THCmU

And if you want more information on it, please follow this link:http://bossplow.sites.hubspot.com/atv-snowplow

Any questions - let me know.

Its a great unit - very cleanly packaged - no winches, handles, pulleys, etc - 100% hydraulic and controlled right on the ATVs handlebars.

2. G.Landscape

G.Landscape Senior Member
    from Ontario

Any idea on Price?

3. ceptorman

ceptorman Senior Member
    from Indy

Cool video, I'll bet you will have good luck with it.

4. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

We're working on pricing now.

5. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

can you send me one then I can tell you what it is worth? : )

or better yet I'll send you a honda foreman and rancher for you to design your mounting system for those atv's and then I can just keep the mount and blade's as a sort of consulting fee? : )

looks nice.

are you gonna make mounts for some of the older ATV models that are out there?
    like going back to 2000 or so?

sublime out

6. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Sublime - we are working on a number of different undercarriages right now - including the Hondas. We'll have to evaluate older ATVs to determine their frame and electrical capacities.

BOSS out

7. 1olddogtwo

1olddogtwo PlowSite Fanatic

I'll take a mini DXT for a 2000 Polaris Scrambler

8. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

Thanks and keep us posted if the design is in the work for some of the older quads.

I would maybe talk to some of the ATV mfg and find out how many of some of the older models was sold. I know there are a bunch of 98-04 Foreman's as they where the most popular ATV during there run.

just campaining for my quad.

I have both a 02 and 03 and will still have at least 1 for the next ten years.

any chance of getting some more detail pic of the system?
    turn table, the up/down, push tude?

thanks
    sublime out

9. Camden

Camden PlowSite Fanatic

60" is the only size? I'd realllly like a 66" but I know those aren't common at all.

10. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I'm Needing a new plow for next year for my 500 sportsman

Is this power up I see it has power angle

11. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Yes - it has fully powered lift and angle - on the fly

12. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

@sublime -- I'll see what i can do for some more detailed drawings. Appreciate the feedback on the older Hondas - that's good to know.

@Camden - for now 60" is the only size

13. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

They look great! I like them. :nod:

I'll also volunteer our two Honda Rancher 420's for test dummy status. :drinkup:

They'll go great next to all the other Boss products we're sporting. Thumbs Up

14. okie

okie Junior Member

Will their be a set up for use with tracks?

15. dfd9

dfd9 PlowSite.com Addict

Dangit!!!!!!!!!!

I could have used one of these a few weeks ago.

CanAm Outlander 400. 2012

And it looked great in person as well.

Nicely done.

16. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Whats the max amp draw while moving the blade?

17. Mark Klossner

Mark Klossner Sponsor

Gents:

The amp draw while raising the plow is in the mid 20s - less when angling. The plow will likely work with ATVs with tracks as long as the tracks do not extend much further out than the tires did - if they did extend out further - the plow may come in contact with them when angled all the way to the side.

18. IMAGE

IMAGE Sponsor

Sweet one more Boss plow to order for next yr! Might as well bring a trailer to the SIMA show and buy all your show inventory!

19. 32vld

32vld Senior Member
    from LI, NY

How about working on adapting your UTV for a Jeep Wrangler?

20. jturkey69

jturkey69 Junior Member

Using the UTV Boss plow for wrangler/samurai is easily built. Just look at and possibly fab some mounting points...very easy to do, or have someone local fab something up for ya. We use boss plows exclusively for our trucks, and will be upgrading the useless jd 445's for atv's with plows. Now that there is an atv specific line, we will be watching this closely!
    I would really like to see a v-plow for atv from boss though....sometimes we have huge snowfalls and drifting and a v plow makes the initial pass/passes much easier....or at least make the utv plow shorter, and a couple inches narrower.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2013