1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss mount on a new 2008 Chev 1500?

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by peterk800xc, May 2, 2008.

1. peterk800xc

peterk800xc Senior Member

Just got my new 2008 1500 Silverado and kept my old 2004 Boss straight blade to reinstall on the new truck.Seems like the dealer has only installed the Boss on HD trucks and cannot tell me if any front plastic has to be cut or removed to install the new 2008 mount.On my old 2004 the lower bottom valance had to either be taken off or like I did, cut the center out to mount the frame.Can anyone answer this question or possibly post a pic as what the front end of the truck will look with their mount installed? Thanks to all in advance.

2. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I've seen a few trucks running around town here with mounts on them but I can't tell if there half or three quarter tons. It doesn't look like they had to cut the lower valance, maybe trim it around the hooks but thats it. All you'd have to do it trim out 3/4 of a inch around them.

3. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

I have installed boss mounts on a 08 2500 and a 3500. Both of those truck no cutting was required but on both trucks the torsion bars were used to bring the truck up. I would sure guess on a stock 1500 some trimming will be required.

4. Kevin Kendrick

Kevin Kendrick Senior Member

Yes, the lower valance either has to be notched or completely removed.