1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Mount on 2013 Silverado

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by ispperformance, Dec 25, 2012.

1. ispperformance

ispperformance Junior Member

I just traded my 2007 Tahoe in for a 2013 Silverado. The Tahoe had the molded bumper and I had to cut it to make room for the mounting tabs. The Silverado has a different bumper setup and I am curious if anyone has mounted a boss and if they had to cut to make room. I have been looking for this setup on every chevy truck I drive by, but haven't seen a Boss yet.

2. Spool it up

Spool it up Senior Member

this usually helps ...http://www.bossplow.com/product-selector/truck-plow

3. ispperformance

The plow mount is the same for both trucks, and Boss instructions show a truck with the full plastic molded bumper like my Tahoe had. Their Instructions say that some trucks do not require cutting / notching. This is why I decided to put up a post.

4. ispperformance

I installed the plow last night and there was no need to cut. Just remove the lower air damn fairing, and install the undercarriage.

[​IMG]

5. scott3430

scott3430 PlowSite.com Addict

Did you reinstall the air dam after? Or have yo leave it off with the mount installed?

6. Monorail_Red

Monorail_Red Junior Member
    from CT

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but how much ground clearance do you have with the plow mount in place? Thanks!