1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Boss Mount Mod Lifted Ford

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by jlord85, Nov 9, 2014.

1. jlord85

jlord85 Junior Member
    from Chicago

Alright looking for anyone in the chicagoland area or midwest that has or knows someone who can legitimately fabricate and reinforce the boss rt3 plow mounts for lifted trucks. I have two lifted trucks I am adding boss plows to and know of a few other guys looking to do the same. There is a potential for someone to make a ton of cash here!!! I would do the mods myself but I am a mediocre welder/fabricator so I am looking for a pro. No hack jobs please! Thanks guys.

Both of my Fords are f-250 super dutys in the 99-07 category. Both have 5" lifts. Boss states 13.5" on center for the mounting holes on the push beam. Right now I am between 16" and 17" on either truck.

2. Just add side plates and bolt it up

3. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I just leveld my f350 front 2.5" I wonder if I have to do anything to the plow frame?

Anybody with similar experience?

Is that 13.5" from ground?

~edit
    Just checked the manual and it says 15.5" to center of the holes on the hooks

Last edited: Nov 10, 2014
  4. Team_Arctic

Team_Arctic Senior Member

it is actually quite simple to fix get your self a 4' chunk of 1/4 x6 flat steel. figure out where you mount has to be. measure the total height of mount and push bar on the side. Cut flat steel. mark hole. drill. Bolt. Takes about 2-3 hours . I ran a truck for 2 years this way no bending or anything. Total cost maybe $50 Local fab shop wanted $500

5. AccuCon

AccuCon Senior Member
    from CT

I just measured mine and Im at 16.5" roughly and the manual states 15.5" Should I even worry about it, just leave it as is or should I try and drop the push bar down?

Thoughts?

6. SGSMAN

SGSMAN Junior Member

lifted truck mod

Im in oak creek, wi. I can fab new side plates and install.300.00 per truck